F. Francis Sales Library
- All members of the staff and students are members of the college library.
- The library will remain open from 8.00 am. to 8.00 pm. on all working days, with an interval of 45 minutes from 12 to 12.45 pm. On vacations and Saturdays, it opens from 9.30 to 4.30.
- Strict silence should be observed with in the library.
- College ID Card is essential for all the Library services, users should swipe their ID Cards at the entry and exit.
- Personal belongings like text books, umbrella, bags etc. are not allowed into the library. Users can carry laptops, notebooks, etc. for their study purpose.
- Books or any other records of the Reference Section will not be lent out. (a) The borrower of a book has to point out to the librarian or the circulation staff, at the time of the borrowing, any defect the book may already have. Otherwise it will be deemed that the book was intact when issued. The borrower will be responsible for any damage caused to a book while in his/her custody. (b) If a book or periodical is damaged or lost by a member, he/she will have to replace it or pay the replacement cost of the book including postage etc., within the time fixed by the librarian. (c) If one book of a set is damaged or lost by a member he/she must replace it with a copy of the same edition. If such a copy is not available he/she shall replace the same book with latest edition with bill within the time fixed by the librarian. In the case of multi volume set, if one volume is missing, the member should replace the whole set. (d) If a member happens to recover a lost volume after having replaced it or paid the value thereof he/she shall not be allowed to return it to the library and get back the new copy. (e) Payment is based on the Govt. rules.
- Each UG student member will be given 3 books and PG student 5 books at a time for which he/she has to sign in an issuing register. The date on which the book is due will be noted on a label inside the book.
- The period of loan is usually 14 days including the day of issue after which period a fine of Rs. 1/- per day per book will be levied. Users can renew the document for another 7 days, if that document don’t have any reservation. Any book, which is temporarily in special demand, will be lent out only for a shorter period.
- No member of staff is allowed to keep more than 10 books with him/her at a time.
- Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books of the library.
- Overnight issue of the reference books is available with the special permission of the Librarian.
- E-book readers are available for loan, rules are same as books.
- Consultation facility is available for the scholars of other institutions for a short period on request.
- Students can reserve books by login their own account, in case they are already issued.
- Books in demand/reservation may not be renewed.
- Members are responsible for books issued against their names.
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued document even before the due date.
- The material such as rare books, theses, dissertations, loose issues of periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users at the property counter.
- The Principal of the college reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
Use of computers/laptops etc
- Computers in the library should be used for academic purposes only.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Use of laptops in the cubical systems where computers are already installed is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Users should enter the details before using the computers for browsing.