Staff Welfare Measures
The College has effective welfare measures for the faculty and non-teaching staff and avenues for career development. Besides intellectual and professional development, it also offers financial and health securities for its employees. Professional development is ensured through periodic training/workshops/seminars. The faculty is encouraged to make academic advancement and supporting staff are encouraged to update their administrative skill. The management ensures the wellness of its employees and enable them to optimize their potential.
- Preference to children of teaching and non-teaching staff for admission
- Educational assistance to children of economically weak non-teaching staff
- Scholarship to the meritorious children of staff
- Summer sports camps for children of staff
Avenues for career development/progression
- Incentives up to Rs 2000/- for research publication in peer reviewed and H/Indexed journals.
- Encouragement to aided faculty for FDP/UGC Research Fellowships
- Freedom to attend/organize national/international workshops/conferences
- Leave to attend Summer School Programmes/workshops/Seminars/Conferences in national and International Universities
- Seed money for research
- Financial assistance to attend conferences/workshops/seminars
- Paid leave for attending an academic programme abroad in a year
- Paid leave for attending one academic programme in a semester
- Paid leave not exceeding two months for completion of Ph D for self-finaancing faculty and staff.
- Paid vacation for two weeks during summer, all holidays including, Onam and Christmas.
- Computers, laboratories, and separate research room for research.
- Leave to engage in extension and community work.
- One training programme/seminar/workshop not exceeding Rs 5000.
- Autonomy in academic matters
- Computerized Digital Lab to enhance the use of Digitized Platforms
- Technical training to familiarize with Management Software System
- Group Insurance for self- financing faculty and staff
- Medical assistance for hospitalization
- Free annual medical check up
- Maternity Benefits for women employees.
- Interest free Loans to faculty and staff to meet emergency situations
- College Credit Society loans up to Rs 500000/
- Financial support for the construction of houses
- Gratuity and pension for self- financing faculty and staff
- Festival allowance of Rs 1000 yearly
- Annual trip allowance of Rs 1000 for common trip
- UGC norms in the promotion of Self-financing faculty
- Annual staff picnics, occasional tours and common celebration of festivals.
- Pension scheme for self-financing faculty and staff.
- Terminal Benefits in terms of redeployment or financial compensation.
- Jobs on compassionate grounds to family members of the non-teaching staff
- Awareness programmes for Non-Teaching Staff
- Free Wi-Fi and email addresses using the institutional domain name
- Staff Hostel
- Post office
- Annual retreat and orientation for teaching and non- teaching every year.
- Canteen facility at subsidized rates
- Banking and ATM facility
- Day-care facility for staff children
- Celebration of festivals and National days
- The three levels of Designation – Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor
- Promotion from one level to another based on API based PBAS system
- Performance appraisal for career progression of the faculty
- The non-teaching posts are categorised into five grades.
- The selection of an employee to a particular grade is decided on the basis of his educational qualification and work experience.