Non-Statutory Committees of the College
- Research Advisory/Doctoral Centre Committee
- Research Ethics Committee
- Collegiate Student Grievance Redressal Committee
- Admission Committee
- Alumni Coordination Committee
- Finance Committee
In addition of the statutory bodies, an autonomous college has non-statutory committees such as Research Advisory Committee, Ethics Committee, Examination Committee, Admission Committee, Collegiate Student Grievance Redressal Committee etc. The details of such committees are given in this section.
The College has an Research Advisory/Doctoral Centre Committee which oversees various aspects of the research activities undertaken at the Institution. The Committee is comprised of the Principal as the Chairman and also has external experts, Heads of the Research Departments, Deans, approved Research Guides and members of the faculty. Select members of the committee are deputed as members of the Research Ethics Committee to discuss and resolve issues impinging on research ethics. The various functions of the Research Advisory/Doctoral Centre Committee are listed below.
Dr. Fr. Jose John (Principal, Head of the Institution)
Dr. Fr. Joseph Varghese (Vice Principal)
Dr. C.S Francis (Vice Principal [East Campus])
Midhun dominic C.D (Coordinator)
Dr. Abi T.G
Dr. Frankli J.
Dr. Jinu George
Dr. Sumod S.G
Dr. Pius Augustine
Dr. Joseph George
Dr. Ignatious Abraham
Dr. Rajesh M.
Functions of the Research Advisory Committee
- Ensure the conduct of half yearly research meet (Monsoon session and Winter session). An external expert is invited to give a talk on the relevant aspects of research. The research scholars shall make presentations (30 minutes to 1 hour) of his/her progress in research once in every six months before the Research Advisory Committee consisting of an external subject expert (Ph. D guide of the university). The report of the half yearly progress report shall be forwarded to the university with a certificate of presentation within one to two weeks from the date of review. Half yearly progress reports shall be forwarded along with a copy of the monthly attendance register signed by the supervising teacher and the Head of the institution and the challan of the semester fee remitted.
- The head of the research centre prepares the joining report of the Ph.D. Research Scholars in the beginning of January. This joining report shall be forwarded to the university discipline wise. The original is to be retained in the centre which shall be forwarded to the university after the successful completion of course work along with the recommendation for registration.
- The Head of the research centre forwards the discipline wise syllabi of Course III to the University for Approval before 31st January of every year.
- The Research Advisory Committee monitors the progress of the course work and makes sure that internal examinations are conducted on time and necessary reports are sent to the University.
- For Course III, the concerned supervising teacher prepares two sets of question papers and the examination is conducted as per the announcement of the University.
- The Research Advisory Committee ensures the maintenance of the following registers at the centre:
- Register of research supervising teachers
- List of research guides and their scholars
- Attendance register for all the research scholars. The attendance register for the part time research scholars shall be strictly maintained during the period of the course work (Course work attendance certificate shall be submitted along with the application for confirmation of registration).
- Register for recording the minutes of the meeting of the Research Advisory Committee in the centre. The minutes of all the meetings of the Research Advisory Committee are recorded.
- Separate book is maintained to monitor the attendance of the research scholars in half yearly research progress meet.
The College has constituted a Research Ethics Committee to promote research and to ensure academic integrity. This committee would comprise of the Principal as Chairman, IQAC Coordinator, an External Expert and members from the college’s faculty including the Dean of Research as Member Secretary, Senior Guides and the Librarian. The members of the committee along with the heads of the various departments, together with all the teaching staff are responsible for creating an academic ambience conducive for research. The committee strives to provide appropriate guidance in organizing and conducting research and related activities. The committee works in close coordination with the Research Advisory Committee of the College.
Dr. Fr. Jose John
Dr. Fr. Joseph Varghese
Midhun Dominic C.D (Coordinator)
Jobin C Tharian
The members of the Collegiate Student Grievance Redressal Committee are as follows
|Name & Designation
|Rev. Fr. Jose John
|Tessa Mary Jose
|(One Women) Nominated by the Principal
|B. Hemanth Kumar
|College Union and PTA Representative
Admission Committee Members
|Sanil Jose (Coordinator)
|Achamma Cherian (Convener)
|Alex Shinu Scaria
|C.S Francis (East Campus)
|Fr. Joseph Varghese
|Fr. Nijo Antony
|Sr. Anumol Thomas
Alumni Coordination Committee Members
|Prof. K.V Thomas ( Patron)
|Babu Joseph (President)
|Rahmathulla Khan (Gen Secretary)
|Jinu George (Coordinator)
|Mathew M.J (Joint Coordinator )
|Fr. Tomy Palatty (Convenor)
|Princymol A.P (Joint Convenor)
|Anna Kuriakose (Joint Convenor)
|Fr. Joseph Varghese
|Kiran George Koshy
|Ammu Rosin Jose
As per the UGC Guidelines
|Rev. Dr. Jose John CMI
|Finance Officer, M.G. University :
|Mr. Biju Mathew
|Governing Council Nominee :
|Dr. V.A Joseph
|Nominee of the Principal
|Fr. Tomy P.P