The College was established
The college was established on June 16, 1944. Founded by Rev. Fr. John Berchmans CMI and Rev. Fr. Francis Sales CMI. Rev. Fr. Peter Thomas Pynumkal CMI was appointed as its first Principal. College started with 276 students in the three intermediate and three degree programmes affiliated to Madras University. The courses offered at the degree level were Commerce, Mathematics and Economics.