Instructions – Open Course
Monday, June 20, 2022
OPEN COURSE ORIENTATION 2022
All students should read the following instructions carefully before applying for the course
- Online registration: 21-06-2022 (Tuesday evening) to 23-06-2022 (Thursday) (5 pm)
- Provisional allotment: 24-06-2022 (Friday)
- Option change and correction if any: 25-06-2022before 5 pm
- Final allotment: 27-06-2022 (Morning)
- Regular Open course classes: 28-06-2022
- Open course is mandatory to all UG SEM V students.
- Every student should apply online by using his/her login id and password
- There are two open courses which can be opted by both aided and self-financing stream students, namely
- Basic German
- Learning to Live Together – Insights from Inter Religious Scriptural Study.
- Aided Batch students can apply only for courses offered by Aided Departments and the two courses common to both aided and self-financing stream students.
- Self-Financing Batch students can apply only for courses offered by the Self-Financing departments and the two courses common to both aided and self-financing stream students.
- Bsc Physics and Bsc Chemistry students are not allowed to apply for the course offered by Mathematics Department (APPLICABLE MATHEMATICS)
- BA Animation students are not allowed to opt for open course offered by Department of communication. (Editing Principles)
- The open course ‘Fundamentals of German’ available for both self-financing and aided students has a special fee since the faculty for the same is from outside the college.
- Every student should opt for all the courses by marking his/her order of preference/choice. Each student has to mark the preference for each of the courses for which he/she can apply for,
- All aided students except B.Sc Physics/Chemistry students have 11 options.
- A BSc. Physics/ Chemistry student has 10 options
- Students may refer the syllabus of each open course before marking the order of preference.
- The allotment will be made on the basis of:
- Average of the Grade points secured in the previous semester exams (SGPA)
- Availability of seat in each course
- Order of choice made
- No student will be permitted to attend the open course other than the allotted one.
- No requests for changes in open course will be entertained once the final allotment has been made.