In order to improve the quality of education in higher educational centres the NAAC has proposed all accredited higher educational institutions to form Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQAC) to monitor the quality improvement initiatives of the institution. This is to ensure that the long-term objectives of the institution are fulfilled in a time-bound manner.
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Sacred Heart College, Thevara addresses and monitors the quality parameters of the college and ensures that the standards of excellence reflected in the vision and mission of the college are met and sustained.
To ensure and sustain quality, integrity and output.
Cultivate, enhance and disseminate knowledge by facilitating the required resources in time to excel in academic and professional pursuits.
Objectives and Functions of IQAC
- Coordinate quality-related activities by developing an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
- Integrating the activities of the College to ensure adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Spearheading the conduct of internal and external Academic Audits of departments to promote quality, accountability and transparency.
- Creating and maintaining a system of feedback on processes and policies of the College from stakeholders.
- Initiating and coordinating the process of restructuring the syllabus to create a progressive curriculum that is in tune with the demands of the time.
- Preparing the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per NAAC guidelines.
Sacred Heart College aims at creation of an ‘enlightened society’ through ‘the pursuit of wisdom with a righteous heart’ (Cor Rectum Inquirit Scientiam) after the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
For this, the Management and the staff are committed to providing a holistic education to the students through an empowering process of participation of various stakeholders in adequate measure.
The efforts will be to orientate entire teaching-learning-evaluation process as linked to the goals of higher education, national goals and the core values of the college as spelt out in its vision and mission. Towards attaining this college shall adopt OBE (outcome based education) by 2021. Quality policy envisages that the prescribed syllabus is covered in time, with adequate stress on skill development and societal application through an enabling inter-disciplinary teaching-learning environment having its foundation on the twin principles of faith in God with due respect for all (faiths) and a spirit of enquiry.
The process of learning is intended to instill in the academic community a concern for knowledge beyond boundaries and a concern for planet and people.
As part of the quality policy, there shall be a provision to receive suggestions (suggestion box, digital suggestion box) and redress grievances. Complaints regarding facilities can be registered with the College office.
Complaints regarding facilities shall be dealt with in a matter of one week, and grievances shall be addressed without delay, through the established channel.
As part of the quality policy, there shall be a students’ charter, which the authorities shall strive to fulfill.
- Ensuring updated and optimum methods of teaching, learning and evaluation
- Disseminating knowledge and research in the academia
- Fostering global competencies among students
- Contributing to national development
- Facilitating ICT enabled platforms with increased options and resources for learning and infrastructure facilities
- Guaranteeing access and affordability of various academic programmes to different sections of the society
- Faith in God and faith in oneself
- Physical and mental fitness
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Intercultural and ethical competency evidenced through a readiness to serve humanity (SH) & planet
- Critical thinking, problem solving and research aptitude
- Deep discipline knowledge
- Readiness to take the first step (leadership)
- Teamwork and communication skills (career readiness)
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Sacred Heart College (Autonomous)
Thevara, Kochi – 682013