The Environment Science Department was started in 2016. The objective of the course is to make the young students conscientious and inspire them and persuade them towards environmental protection and conservation, make them the future guardians of nature. To equip the students to use various tools and techniques for the study of environment. They are also trained to enable to understand, think and evolve strategies for management and conservation of the environment for sustaining life on earth.
Enormous opportunities await experts in environmental science in the country as well as abroad especially those who get expertise in EIA, GIS and Remote sensing, waste management and recycling, climatic analysis and management, Geology and disaster management, meteorological analysis etc.
To make the students conscientious, of the need for environmental protection and conservation and to mould them to be the future guardians of nature.
To equip the students to use various tools and techniques for the study of environment.
To enable the students to understand, think and evolve strategies for management and conservation of the environment.
Skills and Training Acquire
1. Application of GPS and Planimeter to study the environmental and ecological challenges.
2. EIA, waste management and waste water treatment.
Toxicity Analysis of Water: For Chlorine, H2S, Ammonia and heavy metals.
4. Quantitative estimation of Salinity, Phosphate, Nitrate, Chloride, Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity, and Hardness of water samples.
5. Analysis of soil types and profile.
6. Map conversions (Grids, Contours, Isobars, etc).
7. Bacteriological quality testing of water and wastewater.
8. Determination of LC50.
9. Study of biodiversity in Forest/Grass land & Pond/River & record the species richness, abundance and animal interactions. Calculation of frequency, abundance, evenness and diversity indices.